Friday, July 15, 2011

Tip of the Week

Delilah Smith

;



Tip of the week:

I am starting this tip of the week and I will see how long I can go before I run out of great ideas.

 This weeks tip is: Make a viewfinder.
A viewfinder is a simple yet extremely useful painting tool which helps you to select and isolate particular elements in a scene to get the best composition.


The shape of the viewfinder's opening must correspond to the shape of your drawing or painting. Simply put, a viewfinder is a piece of card with a rectangular window cut in the middle. It works like a window in that it helps the artist compositions for painting whether this is landscape or portrait mode. All the artist has to do is look through. Making one requires a few simple objects and about half an hour. To get some simple instructions on making one click here. Or do what I do use an old slide frame that I have taken the slid out of. Jerry's Artarama sells a really nice one for about $3.00.


In the video clip below Mike Rooney shows you how to make a few homemade artist gadget and hi own version of a view finder.







" POST YOUR OPINIONS IN THE COMMENTS" or email me at delilah@artbydelilah.com Home Page Art by Delilah = http://www.artbydelilah.com








No comments: