Friday, July 08, 2011

Business Card for Art Prize


Business cards are always a must for Artist.
I would expect that most artists have a business card with current contact information and the very important web address and email. As ramp up all my marketing efforts for ArtPrize 2011 business cards are at the top of my list. For many artist, this event is about more than making the top ten or the grand prize; it is an opportunity to expose your work to a new audience.
That is how I am looking at ArtPrize, a way to show what a daily painter can do in 365 days.

Does your the card also have an image of current artwork? Mine always do. I'm not sure what to do for ArtPrize: one large image of a painting, several images or something that shows the whole exhibition that I am planing.

That quick view, even though small in size, can have a big impact on a brief encounter where cards might be the only things that helps a visitor remember your work after viewing 1582 other artist. I know I was on overload by the end of the first day when I went to view ArtPrize 2010 last year to see if was anything I wanted to do in the future. The amount of really good art and the variety was over the top.

I suspect, though, that with so much promotion being done online today that the business card doesn't get used as much as it should. I still like business cards. I like it when I have something in my hand from the artist or gallery, it always makes an impact on me.

I always get my business cards from Vista Prints and have been satisfied with them. You can download your artwork and they can print on both sides you can have a picture of your artwork on the front and contact information on the back. They have a high gloss card style that I prefer, it really shows off your artwork. The photo at the top is some of the business cards I have used in the past. some have the information printed over my painting, then I use the back to write on. The bottom one is a free card available at vista prints I use it with my aceo sales it is about the same size as the art so it is a great fit in the little bag card. I spoke to an artist last year that by the 4th day had give out 4,000 business cards. It I do it right maybe I will be remember,
maybe it will help me not to get lost in this crowd of the best of the best.

1,582 artists from 36 countries and 43 states will show their work in 164 venues within three-square miles of downtown Grand Rapids, Mich. Each artist will compete for the world’s largest prize for art, which will take place Sept. 21-Oct. 9, 2011. Participating artists and venues can all be viewed on the Artist List.


" POST YOUR OPINIONS IN THE COMMENTS" or email me at delilah@artbydelilah.comHome Page Art by Delilah = http://www.artbydelilah.com

No comments: