Monday, May 10, 2010

With a little help from my friends

To run a marathon, you must put in the time and miles of training. I am a runner and I have started training but always quite before I am at the marathon ready stage. My brother started runner after me but he has been training all winter to run his first marathon even after knee surgery he is still out there getting ready for the run. This last Saturday it was 35 and raining here, he still went out and ran 18 miles because that was his training schedule this week.

To build an art career you must master the skills, take the risks, put in the hours, invest your savings and do the things that are required. Wishing and hoping, dreaming and talking "a good game" won't get it done.

Ultimately, you must do the work. You are the only one who can do it and that requires clear and compelling REASONS to get up every morning and pursue your destiny. People ask me how can you paint everyday? Don't you get burnt out? How can you think of something to paint? Painting is the easy part. Marketing, not giving up after rejection, finding that extra hour to push on those are the hard parts.

But as one of my favorite line With a little help from my friends" , I'll get there.

" POST YOUR OPINIONS IN THE COMMENTS" or email me at delilah@artbydelilah.comHome Page Art by Delilah = http://www.artbydelilah.com

No comments: