Friday, March 04, 2011

Starting a large painting

For me the hardest part of doing a painting is just starting. I have been procrastinating on this one for too long, so it's times to just do it.

I put together the stretcher frame for this painting because it is an odd size. I normally buy prestretched canvas but with the increases in supply cost I may start stretching all of my own large canvas in the future.
I use an electric staple gun because I have small hands and it is difficult to pull the canvas tight enough and staple it at the same time. Elvis one of my studio cats always wants to help.

Okay, Elvis say's " I think I will just watch this time".
Stretched and a base tonal coat of paint on it.
At last a start on this one.

" POST YOUR OPINIONS IN THE COMMENTS" or email me at delilah@artbydelilah.comHome Page Art by Delilah = http://www.artbydelilah.com

No comments: