Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Top of the Mornin to Ya! Luck of the Irish

Luck of the Irish
I am half Irish and felt so lucky to go to Ireland this summer. It rained every day but one in the weeks we were there. I understand that is the way the weather has been for last few years.
So with good measure of Irish Blood I felt right at home in the mist. My Grand mother used to remind me we came from sturdy Irish Peasants and to be proud of it.


Irish mist covers the country side. The rain is really a soft mist, not the hard pounding kind you get in Michigan. It makes a hazy look to the greens of the country side.


A vine cover castle from around 600 AD. It is so strange to see things so old.







One of the many rings of stones found in Ireland.
I kept my rain coat and hat on and had no problem seeing all the sights.

Yes these Palm trees are from the south of Ireland. Ireland is full of flowers and green but the palm trees were a surprise to me. Ireland is further north then Michigan but they do not get snow.

The Irish Flag waves High
Of course no trip to Ireland is complete with out a taste of Guiness!

Here is a smiling Irish eyes to you. Happy St Patricks Day!


No comments: