Thursday, May 08, 2008

Organic Series

Esoterica: Proficiency in art is a contract with your self and
the empowerment of your self. Not all of us demand or even
desire proficiency, but for those who do it's necessary to
temper the influence of groups.

And while some artists think history is bunk, the historical evidence is overwhelming:

Paul Gauguin said,"In my isolation I grow stronger," .
Claude Monet said ,"My work is always better when I'm alone and follow my own impressions,
Edgar Degas said" "If the artist is serious he must sink himself in solitude,"
Winston Churchill said "Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong," .

As artist we have our Esoterica ways, that is what make us artist. I have started another painting in the series, while I wait for the first one to dry. I always work on several at the same time. It seems to make thing flow better for me. This is just one of my esoteric ways of doing things. I won't even get into how when I start to paint I loose all tract of time and it might be 4 AM when I finally stop painting.


I first do a basic shape drawing in charcoal. It doesn't have to be detailed because I am going to paint over it.

Here I am filling in the background to get a feel for the negative spaces.

Home Page Art by Delilah = http://artbydelilah.com

No comments: