Saturday, May 31, 2014

What is the best advice you have ever been given about painting?

What is the best advice you’ve ever been given about your painting?

1.Drawing: Using simple strokes with a brush,

2. Underpainting: I determine the basic value design. I mix transparent red oxide and ultramarine blue for darks and show general shapes of the dark, light, and midtones in a transparent underpainting.

3.Value and Opacity: I start to introduce opacity. I mix grays, cover the light area, and keep the dark area transparent. I’m still ignoring color and am now paying attention only to value .

4. Color Temperature and Relationships:I pay attention only to color relationships, not to the detail of the shapes. 

5: Modeling Individual Elements:

6.Edges and Details: 


I think the number one best piece of advice I ever got about oil 

painting is: You can not have light with out dark.

Pansies in a Tin Can
Pansies in a Tin Can, painting by Delilah Smith
About This Painting:
Pansies in a Tin Can
oil painting on gallery wrapped stretched canvas
11x14x3/4
Media: oil painting
Size: 14 in X 11 in (35.6 cm X 27.9 cm)
Price: $380 USD
How to Purchase:

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $380 USD plus $15 USD s/h


 POST YOUR OPINIONS IN THE COMMENTS" or email me at delilah@artbydelilah.com All work © 2006-2014

No comments: