Sunday, March 03, 2013

March News Letter


 I have been airboating around Florida this month, thye even let me drive. It was a ball even though we got caught in a tropical down pour before we returned to the docks. It was a good thing I had extra dry cloths in the car.

Last week I painted with the art Don Getz who is traveling through the US painting and journaling small towns on his trip.
He has taught watercolor since 1967,and always cherished the idea of doing a country-wide tour. Seeing America's back roads and teaching as he toured. He lost his wife, Judie, last August , and not getting any younger; altho at 78, he is very able and up to the task.

I love to travel but taking oil paints on a plane is now almost inposble, so if I am not  driving I had to find another solution. I think watercolor Journaling may be the solution for me.

 Don At work.


Here are a few of my first attempts. No pencils alowed so I really had to think before I started.

HOT OFF THE EASLE

A few of my lates oil paintings


Fuzzy Wuzzy No 2

                                  Winter Barns                            Rabbits
                                      8x10                                           8x6





" POST YOUR OPINIONS IN THE COMMENTS" or email me at delilah@artbydelilah.com

No comments: