Monday, May 16, 2011

We Are What We Imagine


 "We are what we imagine. 
Our very existence consists in  our imagination of ourselves.
 The greatest tragedy that  can befall us is to go unimagined."      --  N. Scott Momaday
I love all medium of art. I often take a break from oil painting to explore some of them. I keep coming back to oils ,I love the way it spread on the canvas creamy and thick or smooth and transparent. I like the way oils reflect light and the endless color combination I can make.
These are a few of my daily paintings:I like to take and make a composite of them at the end of the week.
This is one of my larger works.
Fall Colors
16x20
Thanks for stopping in.
" POST YOUR OPINIONS IN THE COMMENTS" or email me at delilah@artbydelilah.comHome Page Art by Delilah = http://www.artbydelilah.com

5 comments:

Sandy2007 said...

Very nice!

Delilah said...

Thank you sandy

Sandy2007 said...

I have your blog on my igoogle page so I've been seeing the 'you are what you imagine' every day. I 'imagine' myself thin & healthy and selling MANY more rugs and soap than I do now. Do ya think that'll happen anytime soon? LOL Or is imagination not necessarily reality. Gettin' deep here. May need a shovel and a pitchfork. :D I'll take the healthy reality-looks like that's going to happen soon. Make it a great day today, D!

Delilah said...

Sandy,

Why thin? Healthy is all that matters.Everyones sales are down, just be happy that you are working.It's a good time to make new designs and clean out old stuff.

Sandy2007 said...

My excess weight is causing some health problems as well as making it hard to do what I want to do. Since going gluten free the weight is FINALLY starting to come off. I'm not dieting, that's what made it creep on in the first place. I'm just eating pretty much what I want, making sure MOST of it is healthy. When I ate only what I wanted before going gluten free I would gain weight. I had to eat just a little MORE than I wanted to keep from gaining. I still can't figure that one out. I don't need to be very thin, just much thinner than right now in order to be healthy. That's all I want.