Monday, March 29, 2010

Spring at last



It's spring! Time for a little studio cleaning and tossing. Spring is a great motivational time with the world turning it's bright yellow green and flowers adding to the color mix. That's what I love about spring, the new beginning, a time of awakening.

It is time to make my spring goals. What I would like to accomplish in the next three months. Sometimes it is easier to make three month goals and not try to tackle the whole year in one bite. Now is the time to stop procrastinating and take action.

A personal goal for me is to start running again, I have stopped during the winter and starting is painful. The first few weeks everything aches as I push myself to get back into physical shape.

Sometimes starting is the hardest part. As I get back into shape my mind gets new energy better ideas. I get wonderful painting ideas as I run and I see the world in a whole new way. You miss so much when you just drive through life.

Another personal goal is to start to journal again, to write down my ideas. I was doing journal daily but I have stopped and I can feel the difference. Journaling helps me to clear my mind early in the morning so I am free to create the rest of the day. It gives me place to put down ideas that I can visit again and maybe work into a series of paintings.

I also want to start a sketch journal. I take a sketch book with me when I travel but I have never done a long term project of a sketch journal with notes on a daily bases.

Two old things to reinvent and a new project along with other more serious goals, that should be enough to keep me hopping for three months.

Blue Vase with Flowers
Blue Vase with Flowers, painting by Delilah Smith


About This Painting: This painting and more are available at Daily Painters.
Blue Vase with Flowers
B010-1302
8x6 oil on canvas mounted on hardboard



Media: oil
Size: 6 in X 8 in (15.2 cm X 20.3 cm)
Price: $100 USD



How to Purchase:


Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $100 USD plus $10 USD s/h
Or, send me an email

This weeks aceos are available at my ebay store.



" POST YOUR OPINIONS IN THE COMMENTS" or email me at delilah@artbydelilah.com

Home Page Art by Delilah = http://www.artbydelilah.com

No comments: