Thursday, April 30, 2009

Spring Cleaning


I am truly getting into Spring.I love this time of year.


I am cleaning my studio getting ready to start the Spring season fresh.


I am in the process of building a new studio and will be moving things hopefully at the end of summer to my new space. I am very green, I recycle everything so this is a hard process for me to go through and actually through things away. Throwing out the old frees the mind and add energy to your space. I highly recommend spring cleaning to get the creative juices going.


1. Clean out your studio. Throw out dried-up paints and other unusable materials that take up space; catalogue and organize your artwork; dust the shelves; and mop the floors. Give yourself a deadline to organize any material you have been collecting that has piled up without a specific home.

2. Clean out your "ideas."I collect all kind of ideas, which are actually tangible things like magazine articles or newspaper clippings. You think you may get to them one day, but somehow they keep winding up at the bottom of piles. Getting rid of them will provide mental and physical space for fresher ideas. For the paperless ideas that keep haunting you, journal about them so that they're not lost or forgotten.I journal every morning and I carry a notebook with me at all times.



3. Clean out your schedule. Get rid of items you don't have to do in order to make room for what you really want in your life.



4. Clean off your desk. Make your office a place where you want to do business, where you want to spend the 50% of your time that you should be devoting to marketing yourself and your work. Create systems so that your workspace never gets out of control again.

5. Clean out your paper files. We all have files that have become unruly and ones we know deep down that we no longer have to keep. Get rid of the stuff.


6. Clean out your files in your computer as well. Consolidate and make computer folders with headings similar to your hard-copy folders so that they are easy to find.

7. Clean out your opportunities. There are so many things waiting to take up your time and energy. You can't do it all. You can't say Yes to everything.



Home Page Art by Delilah = http://artbydelilah.com

2 comments:

Fripouille said...

What a wonderful blog. I have just spent a half hour in your little space. So quiet, so peaceful.

Thank you.....

Delilah said...

Lyon,
Thanks so much. Painting is my happy place.