Sunday, July 06, 2008

Beets Organic Series

I will be giving away a free small painting sometime in the month of July. When I make the announcement you will have 24 hours to send me an email to be part of the drawing.

Lately I have been working on a series of organically grown flowers and vegetables. I am inspired by a so many things, rutabagas, cabbage, endive, lemon grass- I look for things that catch my eye and just look for the beautiful. It all comes together in a weird configuration.

I started this painting with a red undercoating because I wanted it to be warm.


My new series will not only be vegetables but fruit and flowers.




I work all over the canvas asI bring the painting together.

I moved some of the beet lower in the painting to add more interest. What I really like are the leaves.





Finished



























Home Page Art by Delilah = http://artbydelilah.com


No comments: