Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Moo Moo Buckaroo

I begin the painting by drawing a rough image on the canvas. This will be painted over so detail is not important. I just want to figure out where I want the image. This is a large painting 30x40 so it will take a lot of paint to get it to completions.

After getting the drawing down I paint in the background. This may change later but I want to begin to establish the colors.

Now that I have gotten rid of that white background I can start to put in some of the dark areas in the cow.

Because this painting is so large I need to lay in some base color now.


Getting the base done takes a lot of paint and time even using large brushes.




Now I can really start working on the painting.




It's stating to come along, a few finishing touches and it will be done.




No comments: