Saturday, May 05, 2018

Inspire an emotional reaction in people with your art

Today I am starting a new large work 30x40. That is large for me because I now sell mostly on the internet and I like to keep work small for easy shipping.Also I find small work takes very little storage space. That is something to consider when you paint. Now if you are one of those very lucky artist who sells everything you paint,I bow to you.
I stared at this blank canvas for a month,this is not like me I usually have all kings of ideas,not this time ! I did sketch after sketch and then I finally thought I had it. I did a quick watercolor to get a feel for it. It was a good idea and an interesting painting salable but not what I was looking for. So I kept on this is the really hard part for me.I want to paint something that draws you in makes you stop and look and has that WOW factor .

Finally bush to canvas,an idea is taking seed.
Getting things sketched in. This can be changed as I work on it, but something on canvas at last.

I will be post daily as I work on this painting.


POST YOUR OPINIONS IN THE COMMENTS" or email me at delilah@artbydelilah.com All work © 2006-2014

No comments: