Saturday, July 25, 2009

Cows in the Pasture No 3

When I was a kid on the farm July and August were hay baling time. Always on the hottest day of the year we would cut and bale the hay because it had to be dry. Moisture in the bails would cause heat which after being put in the barn could make the hay catch on fire. I had an uncle who had bales do that and almost burnt down his barn.

When I was a kid the bales were square now most hay bales are big and round. I like the round bales, they don't have to be loaded on wagon and taken into the barn like the old square bales that I remember. My job as a kid was unloading the wagons and putting the hay unto the elevator that took the bails up to the top of the barn where they were stored for use in the winter. Nice memories but so glad I don't have to do the work any more. Its much more enjoyable just to paint them.
Cows in the Pasture #3
Cows in the Pature #3, painting by Delilah Smith

About This Painting:
oil on stretched canvas 11x14

Media: oil
Size: 14 in X 11 in
How to Purchase:
$400.00

Delilah Smith Michigan USA


" POST YOUR OPINIONS IN THE COMMENTS" or email me at delilah@artbydelilah.com

Home Page Art by Delilah = http://www.artbydelilah.com

No comments: