Sunday, August 24, 2008

Painting a day 8/23/08

I got this lovely summer squash at an out door stand at near by farm.



I thought before I ate them. I would do a few paintings. The nice curve of the steam and the lovely yellow color were so inviting.I couldn't resist giving it a try.



I sat up a shadow box made from some old painting boards that I had painted white.




I better look at the set up. It's nothing special but it does the trick.





I started with a quick sketch done in a sepia colored oil.







I began filling in some of the shaded areas.

I worked on the local color and added detail to some of the areas.






Here I blend some of the color.













The image begins to take form.









a closer look at detail






This is my studio or a part of it where I work in oils.






The finished master piece.










Summer Squash daily painting 229 for 2008.
click here to bid on this painting





Painting Give away in September check back for more details



Home Page Art by Delilah = http://artbydelilah.com

No comments: