Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Daffodils and Fruit

Daffodils and Fruit
Daffodils and Fruit, painting by Delilah Smith


The Daffodils

by William Wordsworth
I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.
Continuous as the stars that shine
And twinkle on the Milky Way,
They stretched in never-ending line
Along the margin of a bay:
Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.
The waves beside them danced, but they
Out-did the sparkling waves in glee:
A Poet could not but be gay,
In such a jocund company:
I gazed--and gazed--but little thought
What wealth the show to me had brought:
For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils.

About This Painting:
Daffodils and Fruit 9x12x1 1/2 oil on gallery wrapped canvas. The back is wired and this painting is ready to hang.

Media: oil
Size: 9 in X 12 in (22.9 cm X 30.5 cm)
Price: $135 USD

How to Purchase:

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $135 USD plus $10 USD s/h
Or, send me an email

No comments: