Saturday, December 29, 2007

The start of a series

I hope everyone is having a happy holiday season. I have started to work on a new series that I have been thinking about for about 6 months now. It has taken me that long to get it organized in my mind. The concept is still coming together but I think I will start on a few small paintings and drawings as I work up to the large paintings that I have in mind. The below study is the first of many small paintings that I have do for a much larger work.I am hoping that over the next few months it will all come together as a cohesive body of work that makes the statement I am thinking about.As I start to work out my idea I will post lots of small paintings and drawing here.To get a feeling for the larger project that I want to put on canvas.I want to have a finished series of 12 works that are 20x24 and larger. I will post them as they come off the easel and let you see how each get tweaked,changed or rejected as I work things out. I will also post the final large works.

After the Party
After the Party, painting by Delilah Smith

About This Painting:
Kick your shoes off after the party. 8x10 oil

Media: oil
Size: 10 in X 8 in (25.4 cm X 20.3 cm)
Price: $100 USD

How to Purchase:
send me an email

No comments: