Sunday, November 03, 2013

Tips from a Painter Bum



I'm a painter bum. People ask me how do I find the time to paint so much and how do I get that painting a day done. Here are a few tips from my studio that might help you::


Keep regular habits by day and week.

Have your workplace nearby and handy.

Use a day-timer--plan your work; work your plan.

Always ask--"Is this action necessary?"( It;s easy to get distracted)

Be businesslike--discourage time-wasters and interlopers.

Be efficient and mindful of wasted motion in your space. Keep your work space neat,

Keep Supplies on hand

As far as possible, get stuff delivered order on line .Be modern--pay bills, bank, book flights, etc., online.

Have shipments Picked up



Keep your dress code practical and simple. You don't need to look good in a studio.

I wear my husbands old shirts, they work great to paint in. I am the neighborhood painter bum , every neighborhood needs one.

When you are in public dress professionally.
  1. a person who devotes a great deal of time to a specified activity.
    "a ski bum"
    synonyms:enthusiastfanaficionadoloverfreakbufffanaticaddict 
Yes I am an art Addict. An Art Bum, fan aficionado, yes I am the the neighborhood painter bum, there is room for

another one..

I devote all my time to my art but I like to make the most of my day.And all work and no play would make for a very dull day.

Quit your day and move to a relatively decision-free mode: Play well, laugh much, love much, sleep well.

Here are a few of the paintings that I did in Oct. Paint on my friends.


" POST YOUR OPINIONS IN THE COMMENTS" or email me at delilah@artbydelilah.com

No comments: