Friday, November 01, 2013

The Impossible Task

"Ars longa, vita brevis est," said Hippocrates (460-377BC) "Life is short, art is long."

What lies are holding you back as an artist? If these are are some of things that you believe rethink them and get going.


  • Artists never really make a lot of money.

  • The life of an artist 

  • is filled with sacrifice.

  • Artists are weird.

  • Artists are social misfits.

  • The artists who are rich had special advantages.

  • Success is about who you know
  • .
  • No one wants my artwork, really.

  • Being successful will prevent me from painting what I want.

  • There is no room for more "greats."Everything has been doone.

  • The only successful artists are modern artists and I'm a fill in the blank.

  • I have to put in my time and can't succeed till I'm older.

  • I'm too old to get good.

  • I don't deserve success.I haven't been at it long enough

  • My parents were right, this art thing will never amount to anything.

  • I'm an artist because it's what my parents wanted me to do.

  • I could never sell enough paintings to quit my day job.

  • There are so many artists who deserve success more than me.Heck there are just so 

  • many artist, how will I ever get noticed
Promoting yourself can be super awkward. Shilling your wares and trying to get noticed can 

leave you feeling like a husk of a human, and networking can truly be the worst. But it's a 

necessary evil if you want to be successful.

I get a little better at it as I practice. It's not what I want to do but it's what I must do to keep selling my art.


Need some inspiration? Here are few artist site to see art or to find some help.


artists.robertgenn.com
artspan.com
butlergoodegallery.com
chimmaya.com/artists.htm
crussellfinearts.com/page_art.html
dart.fine-art.com/artistindex.asp
dkgallery.us
doubletakeart.com/index.html
english.gallerywestern.com/
evvivanoe.it/artists_painters_italy.htm
gallerifalkum.origo.no
artspacenh.org/
art-domain.com/
art-mine.com/artistportfolios.aspx
artbreak.com/artists
artin2000.com
artliaison.com/artistgallery1.php
artpromote.com/artists/
axisweb.org/Directory.aspx
buckleyfineart.com
cannyc.com/artists.html
discoveredartists.com/search/artistnames
energygallery.com/artistslist.html
equilibriarte.org/artists
galerie-monalisa.net/current_exhibition.html
lagunaart.com/Artists
newcenturyartists.org/directory.html
thekennygallery.ie
worldfineart.com
paam.org/permanent_collection.html
interarteonline.com/default.htm
kunstforuminternational.ch
matildascottage.com
primopianogallery.com
sandraleegallery.com/artists
southafricanartists.com
theartconnection.org/gallery
themetrogalleries.com
waterstreetgallery.com/

Need a few more go to NY Arts Artists Resource

Just remember:
In order to be happy," said Winston Churchill, "you need to find a task that requires perfection, is impossible to achieve, and spend the rest of your life trying to achieve it."



Here's to your art career!




" POST YOUR OPINIONS IN THE COMMENTS" or email me at delilah@artbydelilah.com

No comments: