Saturday, August 11, 2012

Selling Art On Line

Fine Art Galleries, Auction Houses and Museums Threatened by Rapid Success of Online Galleries Seek Alternatives to Better Connect to Audience and Art Markets .

Pinterest is huge right now, and growing quickly.  It’s easy, it’s fun, and it expresses your creativity via images rather than words.  It seems to be the perfect medium for artists to showcase their paintings.

You can follow my art board Art by delilah here.

How to Sell Your Art on Pinterest

Use as a digital portfolio of your work. This is head-slappingly obvious, but Pinterest does a great job of showing off our work in a visually appealing way. They beat other social networks on displaying art, hands down.

  • Reference Pinboards. I think this is wonderfully savvy. Not only can you keep your inspiration in one place, but collectors can get an idea of what inspires you and make a personal connection. I don't know about you but I am always forgetting where I found something, so how cool is this?

  • Show the progress of your work. Believe it or not, some people are keenly interested in the creative process. They like to see how the sausage is made, so to speak.

  • Storyboard ideas. If you like to sketch ideas out before hand and see how they’ll progress, this is great use and allows others to see how things are going to progress. I just posted a sketch book that I found on pinterest to my Art I Love Board.
  • I f you would like to learn a little more here is some more information on Marketing yourself  and your art on Pinterest.

    Let me know if you have a board so I can follow all of your cool ideas.

    "Art is not what you see, but what you make others see." - Edgar Degas

    " POST YOUR OPINIONS IN THE COMMENTS" or email me at delilah@artbydelilah.com
    Join Our Email List
    Email:  
    For Email Marketing you can trust
    Pin It
    Home Page Art by Delilah = http://www.delilah-smith.com

    No comments: