Sunday, August 12, 2012

New Crayons, paint draw or sculpt with them.

Crayon Sculptures by Christian Faur
Remember that smell when you opened a fresh box of crayons when you were a kid?I always like to areange my box of crayons by color. I was wierd even as a kid. I found it completely intoxicating.The shape,the waxy shine,the smell and the bright new colors. I liked to read the names of each color in that big box. It’s what I imagine these works to smell like – a little bit of nostalgic heaven. Ohio-based artist Christian Faur created this series of crayon sculptures using hand-cast crayons. Each piece has a pixelated look. The crayons are set on their ends with the tip pointing up and each represents a value from the photograph the image is based on.


Crayon Sculptures by Christian Faur


Crayon Sculptures by Christian Faur

Crayon Sculptures by Christian Faur

To read more.
" POST YOUR OPINIONS IN THE COMMENTS" or email me at delilah@artbydelilah.com
Join Our Email List
Email:  
For Email Marketing you can trust
Pin It
Home Page Art by Delilah = http://www.delilah-smith.com

No comments: