Monday, February 14, 2011

The Still Life

Once I have tones the canvas I start the still life.
I get a few house hold items of different sizes and shapes. Then I start the drawing. I work on the relationship of the objects. I decide which object will be my anchor and where I want to break the edges. I do not want a still life where everything is right in the center of the canvas.

I make a quick drawing in yellow ochre. Drawing is the most important part of the painting but I don't want this to be a drawing , it is a painting so the drawing is just a place where I start.

I will post more tomorrow.

Here a few of my recent daily paintings more of my daily paintings can be seen on my blog Painting of the Day.




" POST YOUR OPINIONS IN THE COMMENTS" or email me at delilah@artbydelilah.comHome Page Art by Delilah = http://www.artbydelilah.com

No comments: