Friday, October 02, 2009

Truban Squash

Turban squash, with its bizarre shapes, extravagant coloration and bulb like blossom end, is wonderful to paint,to feel,to write about.

I came to the bedroom
my towel of red and orange a turban squash on my damp hair

I stand a moment uncertain
where have those wiggle worm socks and worn flannel nightie gone
Like the popcorn and the wine on my night stand they comfort me

I sit cross legged in the middle of my bed
prizes found
turban crown, wine in hand, pop corn wedged between my legs,a book of romance and adventure at my side
Queen of fuzzy socks and worn flannel

I am comforted

Fall Harvest No.2,turban squash,vegetable,orange
Fall Harvest No.2,turban squash,vegetable,orange, painting by Delilah Smith

About This Painting:
Fall Harvest No.2
10x12 oil on canvas mounted on hardwood panel

Media: oil
Size: 12 in X 10 in (30.5 cm X 25.4 cm)
Price: $100 USD

How to Purchase:

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $100 USD plus $10 USD s/h
Or, send me an email




" POST YOUR OPINIONS IN THE COMMENTS" or email me at delilah@artbydelilah.com

Home Page Art by Delilah = http://www.artbydelilah.com

No comments: