Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Back in Michigan

Off the Beaten Path
Off the Beaten Path, painting by Delilah Smith

About This Painting:
Off the Beaten Path is a plien air landscape done in Michigan.I'm back from Ireland and had to get out in this beautiful Michigan landscape and do a Plien Air Painting .One thing about bumping over a few time zones, your sleep habits tend to get disrupted. I'm generally in the studio at 5 a.m. doing one thing or the other but now it had to pull myself out of bed because I've been up half the night. I've always been a night person. I think it started when I was in College and work so many late night jobs, then would come home all wound up and had to keep going because I was too awake to think about sleeping. I've actually been caught sleeping in.I think the early morning hours are best for sleeping about 10 min before you should get up is the best it's so nice and cool with a slow breeze just moving the curtain and the air smell of fresh cut hay. I also like to eat very late. This was a problem in Ireland,in the rural areas they roll up the streets at 9:30.Late dinner like myself have to get moving or have a late night cap of Guinness. Guinness is served until the pub closes.


Description of artwork
TITLE: Off the Beaten Path
This work has been clear coated to protect your investment
Title: Off the Beaten Path
Style: impressionism
Size: 10x12
Colors: green,yellow ochre,colbalt blue,yellow, alizrarin Crimsom,dixazine purple
Medium: oil
Texture: some
Support: canvas mounted on hardwood panel
Shipping: -USPS Priority
Ready to Hang: no needs to be framed
Signature: Always Signed




10x12 oil on a Rey Mar artist hardboard panel, ready to frame.

Media: oil
Size: 10 in X 12 in (25.4 cm X 30.5 cm)


How to Purchase:
click here to bid on this painting

Or, send me an email




Home Page Art by Delilah = http://artbydelilah.com

No comments: